This collared sweater is flattering and just sweet enough not to give you a toothache.
The fitted, empire-waist bodice–worked hem up–is knit in pieces and seamed. This is a jacket worked in pieces with lapels, a collar, and patch pockets. All of the stranded color work is done back and forth. The pockets, lapels, and cuffs are trimmed with single crochet. The lapels can be folded back as much or as little as desired without altering the pattern (they are wet blocked into place during finishing) for a more open or closed collar.The facings on hemline, front lapels, and collar give the sweater some sass.
This is a beautifully written pattern. A pleasure to knit. Assembly totally worth it. Fit is perfect.
There are some very subtle and effective tailoring details which make this design really stand out.
The collar turned out a little narrower and a tad bulkier than I prefer. Nothing a steam-iron couldn’t fix.
A fairly simple pattern to do–with more than typical amount of blocking, seaming, and finishing tasks–I did have to unpick things quite a bit but that was my fault for not concentrating.
I just need the right temperature to wear it now. It was very trying to keep it on for photograph earlier today as we are having another heat wave–in the 90s!
With these seriously cute buttons in my stash,
I had a hard time deciding
Thank you, Andrea, for the nicest, fitting garment I have made.
Happy crafting and keep those creative juices running!
(still doesn’t do texting, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, DiggIt…)