I stopped writing out stitch-by-stitch details. Do you really care to mimic what I did here, honestly? Everything was done intuitively. Diamond points were my points of reference. There were some I did SSK to decrease a stitch while others S2KP for double decreases where applicable. Because of a short torso, I had to put sleeves on hold (rather than bind-off) earlier than patterned to customize the fit.
The yoke portion knit up quickly. However, I had to rip out the lower bodice a few times playing with a few ideas that were unfit. I never mind ripping something out while I’m learning, a ripping I will go…Now, I think I have a winner…
Call it Broomstick lace or Indian Cross as you will. It’s a beautiful stitch to show off the Incredible ribbon yarn I have in my stash since California days. Choice of the color blending was inspired by Comfort Wool’s Arco Iris and her SMSS Convertible Bloomers. I was mesmerized by the intensity of colors in Teresa’s sample knits for sometime and am so glad that I start the experiment in Tappan Tee.
A great outcome and an enjoyable process thus far. I was aiming to have another finished knit to wrap up the month. As you see, it didn’t make it. The latter stitch added was a bit time consuming. No matter…I LOVE knitting–it appeals to the creative and planning/project side of me and when something actually comes out as planned, it’s very cool!
For those of you who haven’t read through Amy’s designs yet and knit one, they are NOT difficult. They flow along and become very easy to read as you knit. The glitch I had was just a modifying moment–nothing more.
Happy crafting and keep those creative juices running!